Residential Aged Care Facility Medication Charts Test Data
Page last updated: 20 April 2020
As discussed within the Services Australia Software Vendor Forum, the Department of Health is currently implementing changes to PBS claiming arrangements for medications provided to residential aged care facility residents. These changes include:
- requiring pharmacies to submit all PBS claims for medicines for residents using either Patient Category ‘R’ for National Residential Medication Chart medication orders, or Patient Category ‘N’. The Residential Aged Care Facility Identification Number will be a mandatory inclusion for both categories;
- allowing the prescribing, supply and claiming of all PBS authority medicines from the paper based and electronic National Residential Medication Charts (NRMCs); and
- allowing the prescribing, supply and claiming of all PBS Schedule 8 items from an electronic NRMC.
Changes to the PBS Online Claiming system to support these new claiming arrangements are now in place, however, following feedback from software vendors, the implementation date for these changes has been delayed to 1 July 2020. PBS XML Test data for these changes is now available.
- [TEST DATA] v3 PBS XML
- [TEST DATA] Down-converted v2.12 PBS XML
- [TEST DATA] Down-converted PBS TXT Extracts
- [TEST DATA] PBS TXT Extracts (from v3 PBS XML)
- [TEST DATA] Release Notes
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please email PBSNRMC@health.gov.au.